05 October 2015

Getting Crafty in the School Holidays - Picasso Dogs




We are coming to the end of two months of summer holidays, and have been keeping busy.  The holidays started with a family wedding (I drafted and sewed my own bridesmaid dress - I'll be doing a post on it soon) in France, and a visit to our family and friends in London.  It was so nice to see everyone.

Since returning to Singapore, we have been filling our weeks with playdates (lots of playdates), swimming, library visits, craft activities, and plenty of relaxing down-time.  Today Samantha had a friend over for a playdate and I decided that we would take advantage of a free online art class that a friend recommended.

Carla Sonheim has created six online art classes.  You can read about them and sign up here.




We registered for the online classes and began with Picasso Dogs.  Both my girls love art, and it's great when they have a plan to get them started.  I laid out the supplies required (paper, pencils, acrylic paint, paint brushes, water, palette and kitchen towel).  We began by watching the video, then the girls got started.

These were Olivia's paintings:





And these were Samantha's:




I even got in on the fun and made this one:



It's not too late to sign up for Carla's online classes.  We had great fun, and would totally recommend giving them a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment